FeePay / PCS™ Workflow
FeePay / PCS™ School Setup Process
In order to launch the PCS integration process, we will need to add your list of schools/sites to FeePay. Your district will be contacted to submit a list of schools as part of the set up process. If you have questions, please contact Support.
Meal Purchase History
Please note that FeePay will show the meal purchase history of all students online. As part of this process, the FeePay Integration Agent queries the POSITEMS data from the central office (DsMP). Therefore, in order for the meal purchase history to show up properly for students, the POSITEMS tables at each site must match the POSITEMS at the central office.
PCS™ Payment Rejection / Payment resend Process
The following steps should be taken on a daily basis by an employee in the school district food service department. Payment rejections can occur when a student ID/account has not been entered into DsMP. To detect and handle rejections, please follow these steps:
- Check the DsMP Money Log Exceptions Report on a daily basis for any issues.
- If a payment was skipped during the import process, please verify:
- The student ID exists in DsMP
- The student ID exists in your school district student information system (SIS)
- If the student is not found in DsMP, please add the new student account to DsMP
- Login to the FeePay™ Administration website and choose
Settings > Transaction Lookup > [search for payment] > Resend Payment
- The payment will be recognized by DsMP on your next scheduled import
Normally, if a rejection occurs, the rejection process should only take a few minutes to address. While this is a rare occurrence, it is important check the Money Log for exceptions.
Credits, Voids, and ACH Returns
Occasionally, a user may unintentionally make a duplicate payment or they may accidentally add an extra zero to their payment amount. In the event this happens and you need to request a credit for the user, please contact Support so that we can work with our payment support team to resolve the error.
How does this get handled in the Point-of-Sale system?
All successful payments make their way to the POS system. This includes both credit card payments and ACH payments (i.e. an electronic payment using a checking or savings account). In the event a credit or void is issued or there is an ACH return (i.e. a returned check payment), FeePay will automatically send the necessary reversals to the point-of-sale as well. There is no additional action required on the part of the district or the parent.
How do ACH Returns work?
ACH payments (i.e an electronic payment using a checking or savings account) can be rejected for a variety of reasons including clerical errors or insufficient funds. If an ACH payment is returned by the bank, FeePay will notify the parent directly via email (if an email is on file for that parent) and FeePay will also send a designated district contact an email alerting them to the ACH return. As part of the summary email that is sent to the school district contact, it is noted if FeePay was unable to send an email to the user because there was not a valid email address on record. If you would like to have the ACH return email alert feature activated for your district, please contact Support
PCS™ Setup Requirements
FeePay is required to connect to your PCS server environment. In order to accomplish this integration, we provide a lightweight software component called the FeePayPCSClient. The setup process typically takes about two hours to complete. We require a meeting with a technical person at the district using a remote web meeting tool that allows us access to your servers during the installation. Your school district technical contact must be able to access your food service server directly or via a remote desktop tool such as Windows RDP. The FeePayPCSClient requires the following components to be installed on your server(s):
- .NET Famework 2.0, 3.5, and 4.0
- SQL Server 2008 R2 / 2012. This can be the Express edition or an existing SQL Server server may also be used. The SQL Server may run on a different server than the host server where the FeePayPCSClient resides. Please note: the SQL Server Management Student Client Tools must also be downloaded and installed as part of this setup. Both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions will work.
- SQL 2008 R2: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30438
- SQL 2012: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29062
- The host server must have access to the internet
- The host server must be able to communicate over port 22 (sFTP). This may require adding a firewall rule.
During the setup process, we will need to be able to connect with someone from your food service department if we have questions about how your PCS system is configured. This includes things like drive mappings and also certain data elements such as how the ala carte items are set up and configured. The setup process is most efficient when we are able to reach out to the right person within the Food Service department and/or someone with technical knowledge of the server on which DsMP runs in the event questions arise. Sometimes this is the same person and sometimes these roles involve multiple people.