The following FAQs have been compiled to help address district concerns related to Minnesota Department of Education's Early Education Student Reporting system (EE SR).
- How do I register on the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) Website?
- Please see this article on the Support website: http://support.feepay.com/entries/29184650-Access-to-MDE-for-Submitting-Early-Education-Student-Reports-EE-SR-
How do we submit our student data to MDE?
- Please see this article on the Support website: http://support.feepay.com/entries/29185250-Uploading-Student-Data-to-MDE-Early-Education-Student-
How do we know when our district is supposed to report to the MDE?
MDE has segmented Minnesota school districts into two phases for reporting. Please visit http://ecadmin.wikidot.com/early-education-student-mde (under 'Getting Set Up to Start Reporting') to determine when your district is supposed to report.
We were using Community Ed for only a portion of the 2012-2013 or 2013-2014 reporting period. How do we retrieve the data from our old system?
By contacting the Support team via email at Support. We can provide you the list of fields that need to retrieved from your old system. Upon receipt of this data from your old system, the development team can import the data to the Eleyo Community Ed module, and provide you with a formatted report for you to upload to the MDE website.
We have been using Community Ed during the entire 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 reporting period but our student data is incomplete for submission to MDE. How do we update this data?
In accordance with the recent grant from the Minnesota Department of Education, our Community Ed module has been tracking all necessary data (as required by MDE) since January 1, 2014 for any course that has 'Include Participants in Early Education Student Reporting' and/or any Child Care Program that has 'Is This An ECFE/SR Program?' set to 'Yes'. When a Course or Program is set up with this option, the Eleyo Community Ed system will allow districts to generate an XML file directly from the system for uploading to the MDE site. In order for the file to be accepted by MDE, it must contain MARRS numbers for all registered students in these programs. By working with your district technical staff, or by manually populating the data, you can ensure the data is complete. If you would like help in uploading these MARSS numbers, once they have been assigned, please contact our support team. We can provide a list of students that are missing MARSS numbers, as well as a template for sending the information back to us to populate. If you manage a small amount of students in the Community Ed module, we recommend manually updating them directly the Community Ed system.
- Scholarship data: As of May 2015, MDE made an adjustment to the Funding Source options. Originally, there were 13 but now there are only 12 options. The Federal scholarships are now coded under Community Scholarships.
- FeeStatus data: There is a FeeStatus column that appears in the XML file. It will display a 1, 2 or 3. This represents whether the fee was fully paid (1), a discounted amount was paid (2) or no fee was paid (3). It does not have any relationship to economic indicator data from school meals.
At any time, should you have questions or need assistance, we are here to work with you! Please contact Support.