When you set up a Fee in FeePay Admin, it allows you to assign that fee to the exact student with the exact amount that needs to be paid. There is a way to upload a file of fees into FeePay Admin that will automatically assign those specific fees to the exact students at once without having to assign them one at a time. There are specific parameters for the setup of the file that are outlined in this PDF document. When creating the file for the upload, the following information can be helpful to ensure the file uploads successfully.
- You need to ensure that the order of the columns is the same as it lists on the PDF document. The header names must match exactly what it lists in the PDF document including the fact that there are no spaces between words of the headers (i.e. the header FeeTransactionName is all one word).
- The Fee Transaction Name is what the parents will see when they access the Fee online to pay it.
- The Description is not visible to the parents and is only visible in the Raw Data Download report from FeePay Admin.
- For the Student ID column, you only need to input the Student ID number. You do not need to include the students’ names in the file.
- The dollar amount needs to be entered using a decimal followed by 2 places but with no dollar sign (i.e. Free would be entered as 0.00).
- When inputting the dollar amount for the fee in the Full, Reduced and Free columns, it can be the same amount entered into each column. You do need to include all columns as headers including as the last 2 columns for ExternalFeeID and FundingAccountName even if they don't have data in them. The upload process is looking for those columns and will not be successful if they are not included.
- The Account Code format has to match the format that exists in FeePay Admin. For example, if there are dashes in the Account Code in FeePay Admin, the data in the Account Code column must include dashes and vice versa for no dashes. You can view the format of the Account Codes in FeePay Admin by going to Settings then Accounts Codes in the Payment Setup column.
- The Due Date is what the parents will see when they access the Fee online to pay it. Note: Date must be in the format MM/DD/YYYY with 2 digits for month and day and 4 digits for the year.
- If you wish for a Hold to be created at the same time the Fee is created, you would enter TRUE in this column. If you do not wish to create a hold, enter FALSE in this column.
- If you are allowing the payer to make a partial payment, enter TRUE in the IsPartialPay column. Otherwise, enter FALSE.
- If you are allowing the payer to make a partial payment, an amount must be entered int eh MinimumPayment column with 2 places. If the fee does not support partial pay, you must enter 0.00 in this column.
- If you are allowing the payer to make a partial payment, you will specify a date that the final payment is due in this column. Otherwise, it can be left blank.
- The Issue Date is the date you are creating the fee in the system. Note: Date must be in the format MM/DD/YYYY with 2 digits for month and day and 4 digits for the year.
- External Fee is used as a reference to an identifying field in a 3rd party software and is rarely used. Funding Account Name is also rarely used. However, as noted earlier, the columns and headers for these must be included in your file.
- The file must be saved in a Comma Separated Value (CSV) format. In Excel, you would need to ensure the File Type is set for csv before saving.
Once the CSV file has been created, you would complete the upload using these steps:
- Select Settings (with the gear icon)
- Select Upload from the menus on the left.
- Select Fee Upload from the meus on the left.
- Select the Choose File button and navigate to the cvs file you created and saved on your computer, highlight it then select Open.
- Select the Upload button.
It should take just a few minutes to complete the upload. You will get notification if the fees have uploaded successful or if any errors occur and details on those errors. If you have any issues or questions, please contact Support for assistance.