A refund may be issued by an Admin user with Refund Administrator access. Refund Administrators may issue a full or partial refund. If you are not sure if you currently have Refund Administrator rights, please email Support to confirm. For Meal payment refunds, your district must be set up with the ability to issue meal payment refunds. Please email Support to confirm if your district is set up for refunding meal payments.
Notes: 1. Only one refund (full or partial) can be completed for each transaction. Please email Support if you have have questions on this.
2. When issuing a refund for an activity, you can either detach the student's enrollment from the activity or issue refund without detaching the enrollment. Ensure the check box for Check to Detach Activity is set correctly before submitting the refund request. If a student is detached in error, you will need to re-enroll them in FeePay Admin to ensure they are on the roster and can participate.
To issue a refund, use the following steps:
- Select Payment Search from the Dashboard.
- You can locate a transaction by payer name, date range, Student Last Name, Student ID number or Confimation Number. Select the drop-down to select the desired option.
- Enter search criteria then select .
- From the resulting list, select the transaction to be refunded.
- Select next to the line item to be refunded. If multiple activities have been purchased via the same transaction, use this check box to select the specific items to be refunded. For meal payment refunds, select the checkbox listed in the Meal payment section.
- Select . Note: If the refund option is not displayed, you do not currently have Refund Administrator access. Please email Support for assistance.
- For activity refunds, to issue a full refund and detach/remove the student's enrollment from the activity, ensure the check box for Check to Detach Activity is enabled. If you only need to issue the refund but not detach/remove the enrollment, ensure the check box is not checked. When refunding a Fee, checking this box will return the Fee to Unpaid status.
- For activity refunds, to issue a partial refund and detach/remove the student's enrollment from the activity, ensure the check box for Check to Detach Activity is enabled. Check the box for Override then change the dollar amount in the Amount field. If you only need to issue the refund but not detach/remove the enrollment, ensure the check box is not checked. When refunding a Fee, checking this box will return the Fee to Unpaid status.
- Type a reason for the refund in the Reason for Refund field (optional).
- Select the check box for Send Refund Receipt if you wish the payer to receive an email (if the payer has an email address in the system).
- Select to issue the refund.
After a refund has been submitted, the Transaction Detail Screen will be displayed.
Please Note, if the payment was made via ACH/eCheck, the payment must fully settle (generally 3 - 5 business days) before a refund can be issued. If it has not yet settled, you will be presented with this message:
The refund could also take 3 - 5 business days to post to the payer's account (depending on the bank). If a payer has not received the credit, they would want to contact their bank directly for status of the refund.